** Please click on the daily photos below for larger, sharper views!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 - Welcome!



Welcome to my home! What better (and easier) way to start my 31 days of Doors and Gates than to take a picture of my own entry gates? Pass through these doors to my secret garden, complete with ferns, flowers, trees and little rock waterfall. I'm looking forward to finding and showing you lots of interesting doors and gates this month!

16 comments:

Rick Mosher said...

Beautiful! You have an excellent theme to work with. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Andromeda5000 said...

Oh my goodness. That all looks very grand. It looks like you have a HUGE place! A very intriguing photo. I find I'm wanting to see what's behindd.

kimbomac said...

OMG! That's awesome. Can't believe you have gates like that on your own home. That's the stuff of exotic locales for us! Lovely gates, to be sure, and a great shot of them. Awesome start to your challenge!

Feather Meredith said...

Honestly, my first reaction was, OOOOOOOH! Its a great picture. It makes me want to see whats inside.

eury said...

wow, Carol, what a wonderful start to the 31 day challenge. You have such beautiful doors, they have such a sense of history and are rustic and warm. Beautiful start to a very cool theme. :-)

eury :-)
chezeury.com

Rhiannonsmommy said...

When I first saw that photo I wondered if it was to your house. That is awesome, I get a ranch feel from it. I wish I could open them doors and see your garden and waterfall.

Lea Morrow said...

Now that is an impressive entryway! I can't wait to see where you lead us on this excursion!

Isabella2006 said...

What a stunning pair of doors. They make me want to turn one of those handles and see what's inside. I bet there is lots of magical places inside, with secrets galore. Perfectly balanced and lovely and sharp, a wonderful start!!!

secretatlantis said...

Now I really want to come and visit to see the rest of your mansion. Fantastic doors!

Whalelight said...

What pretty doors! If you'll be showing thirty doors, I'll want to know what's behind them thirty times.

Kookaburra said...

Doors are such a great theme - they beckon us to mysterious new places. You are going to have a great collection if you continue as well as you have started.

theicebunny said...

Wow what an awesome set of door they look really heavy. Great shot.

Celia said...

Why have I never seen this?? What a great entry into your home! I love it!
Have fun this month! I wish I could join you! :(

Unknown said...

Very inviting and very intricate looking doors! Like the entrance to a mansion!

BUFFMUFIN said...

Cridley, if you come back to read this..... you never saw it because we moved since you visited me! This is our new house!!

essjaynz said...

What a beautiful start to your most interesting theme.
I hope we see some gates/doors slightly open too, especially these ones!