
This is utter stupidity! After going out early this morning to get a picture, then going to play golf, returning to the borrowed condo, uploading my picture and post-processing today's image and then finding no Wi-fi connection, we headed off to find the nearest Starbuck's. Larry on his computer, me on mine. He couldn't manage to get Wi-fi, so this one will have to do for both of us. But....lo and behold, in my rush to get the picture done, I saved it back to my CF card....NOT THIS STUPID LAPTOP!! So here I am at Starbucks, 6 miles from the condo. I guess Larry will stay here and use up our paid 2 hours of time, and I will go back to the condo, and get my CF card and card reader. I hope to get it loaded tonight. I am nothing, if not tenacious.
Ok, that Starbuck's closed and closed their server. Had to go back to condo to get my CF card and reader. Found another Starbucks, about 5 miles away, who said they kept server on all night even after they closed, so here we are, in car, in parking lot, in front of a closed Starbucks in the desert! I couldn't manage to get the picture loaded on the thread, but here it is! Yay. I will add a bonus pic when I get home, of the side gate of this place.
This house is like a bird house. There were screaming birds (peacocks?) in the back yard. Huge lot. The front doors, and entire structure for that matter, were totally customized, but very interesting. The side gate is even weirder, but I didn't have time to get it ready for upload. Anyway, enough for now, as with my luck, the battery on this stupid laptop will probably die before I finish this.
Sunday - We are now home and I'm on my "regular" computer. What a difference. What a disaster yesterday was in terms of fixing up the pic and uploading! Anyway, I am now going to insert my Bonus picture from yesterday (Day 9) since I am writing this a day later. This gate, below, is the side gate (house is on a corner) of the Bird House, which is the main photo. Looks like Africa, or Polynesia. Certainly not like Palm Springs desert area! But it made for some great photos! Enjoy!
** A couple of comments. Someone mentioned the sky looked unrealistic in the main pic. That is because it is! This was an early morning shot, totally backlit, with the sun coming just over the palm tree behind the house. I did all I could to block the sun, and the front of the house, of course, was very dark, while the sky was washed out. I had to lighten up the front of the house so you all could see it, and did the best I could on my laptop! The side of the house, however, was in more of a direct sunlight, at least the part not in shadow, and was kind of pale, colorwise! I guess I can go back and darken and add some more saturation, but not now.
11 comments:
The things we do for the thirty day challenge! Well done for your persistance. This is a completely different shot today. They sky looks completely unreal - as if the whole thing is a model with a plain background. What an interesting set of doors.
It's Murphy's Law all over for you today.
But on the bright side : you found a fantastic door, so much detail to admire thanks to your persistance.
I hope the rest of your weekend will be less stressful.
That is a wonderfully weathered entrance! You know the best shots require the most work... Things will get better. Enjoy your vacation!
Another terrific shot!
Yep it's official...we are all certified nutters...lol
What a drama, mine today pales in comparison, but you did the deed and got the photo up here.
Another wonderful door, I've never seen so many beauties.
Oh, what a great looking door. I'm glad that you are still able to find such treasures far away from home. It is very different from anything I've ever seen.
What a story, too! You are nothing less than persistent and obviously someone that does what she says she'll do or die trying!
I like the side gate better. The side gate seems to make me want to go in and see what's inside. It's odd and different. Nice find.
Wow! Those are really neat. And it sounds like you had quite the adventure.
I applaud the lengths you've gone to not just get your shot, but to get it uploaded as well. Thank you so much for going the extra mile(literally!) to stay in the challenge because it means I get to see more awesome gate photos from you.
Oh, we will be away next weekend, and the caravan park supposedly has Wi-Fi, but I hope we don't run into any of these sorts of problems!
Anyway, this is another lovely gate, and it sounds like it was a very interesting place. The side gate looks awesome! Another great find!
What a fabulous find in your new short term neighbourhood. I admire your persistence and quality of writing as much as your talent at photography!!!
Post a Comment