
Well, back to the 'hood. Not quite as much whimsy as out in the desert resort area, but I'll try to fan out a bit in the next couple of weeks to some local arty areas to see what I can find. In the meantime, here's a nice replica of a Tuscan farmhouse (as they like to call them here) door. Very solid!! I love the textures of the stone surrounding the wooden door.
10 comments:
Very pretty, and I LOVE the stonework around the doors too.
It just sets off the whole entrance way lovely.
Even before I read your comment about the stone, it caught my eye. It reminded me of one painting class I took where we were supposed to appreciate what it was that white consisted of. So the assignment was to paint a still life where every single object (mostly bottles of varying shapes) had been overlaid with white paint. By the time we finished, we saw the many colors that were in the white that we hadn't seen before. (There was a similar exercise painting trees and being forbidden to use any browns. It makes you see the surprising colors on tree trunks.)
I love arched doors and this one looks especially homey and inviting. Does the rest of the house have this motif, too? Really pretty facade!
Another lovely find. Yes, the stone gives a lot of depth to the entrance and that lovely door.
You're doing such a great job finding these fabulous doors/gates. Who would have thought a subject like that would be so eye pleasing. Any of these would make fabulous prints to hang on the walls around home.
A very nicely taken photo. Your gallery is coming along really nicely.
Another impressive door. It seems that many entrances are build by architects that love symmetry.
Interesting very subtle and warm shadow under the roof.
I love the patterns and colour of the roof and the sort of very farmhousey feeling all around it. The lighting makes the doorway area feel very flat, almost like thye whole thing is a painting. A very detailed one too. Nice work.
I love this, there's such a sense of warmth in this shot
This has a very painterly look to it. The scene could be in a frame and hanging on a wall somewhere!
Post a Comment