
I went out early this morning to look for a gate or door, since we're going to play golf today. Maybe playing "at golf" would be more appropriate, grumble, grumble. Anyway, still lots of shadows due to the hour but I wanted to get the picture taken, processed and posted before tonight. The first thing I thought of as I went past this house was "Fantasy Island" but since so many Worthians are so young, I'm now thinking that "Survivor" might be more appropriate, though this is hardly remote. Enjoy!
18 comments:
Oh, fantastic Fantasy Island door. Or perhaps Pirates of whatever (Penzance, Caribbean).
The tree hanging loose is just right.
Reminds me of San Juan Capistrano. Great shot and now I have golf envy. Thank you very much.
oh, great set of doors. Very Fantasy Island/Pirate style) Makes me think you open the doors to some little plantation where they are making rum.
It is fun to roam around your neighborhood with you.
What a wonderful shot. When you said that you had chosen doors and gates as your theme I didn't envisage this. I envisaged front doors and little picket fence gates!
This is a fabulous shot and the sun and shadows really addto the atmosphere.
lol the first thing I thought of was "survivor" when I saw this. And I don't even like that show :P
Congrats on capuring the essense of survivoralism!
I would have so loved for you to get a wee bit closer so I could see the detail in the knockers....I am amazed at the beauty of these gates!
Hey, I remember fantasy island! Another great picture.
Another stunningly grand entrance way!
This gate kinda goes with your first gate. At first look I thought it might be just a different entrance on your property. I love it!
Oh, it looks nice and welcoming, and yet mysterious. Lovely shot.
Very tropical looking and very delightful. You sure have lovely doors were you live, I'm jealous.
Wow, I can't believe the types of gates and doors around your place! This reminds me so much of the garden gates that are all like this in Bali (including the banana trees) where we just went on holiday this past August. Another great door/gate shot that makes me want to go on holiday again! (Don't I always?)
This reminds me a bit of the AmEx commercial where they photograph inanimate objects that suggest faces. Love the shadows and the weathering . . . .
Quite nice and not all of us are young, I can Ze Plane Boss with the best of them! :)
It's so cold here, I can hardly image thinking about golf and tropical gates, I need to move to your corner of the world! :)
I'm really enjoying your gallery! Your pictures are wonderful!
Nice!
Ooh, looks like you're about to go through the doors into an adventure. I love how the sconces on both sides balance the shot.
I think I like this one the best so far. I can't believe you have so many to chose from and they are all so well lite.
Post a Comment