** Please click on the daily photos below for larger, sharper views!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30 - Frenzy in Wonderland



Well, this is definitely the most unique door (and house) that I've come upon during this January Photo Frenzy! I feel like I've fallen down the rabbit hole and ended up in Wonderland! The shape of the door, the wrought iron, the mosaic structure, and the house in general seem like out of a fantasy story!! Oh, and I LOVE those lamps surrounding the door! Believe me when I tell you there is nothing else like this in that neighborhood, at least that I could find!! It's actually newly constructed, and there is an architect/builder sign just out of the picture.

One thing really bothers me though...the stairs do not line up with the front door exactly. If I stood directly in front, the front stairs were slightly off from the raised curved area around the door, so I had to stand slightly to the side to get the whole door surround in the picture. Details, details. But, what a find!!

BONUS!
For those of you who, in your comments, have asked, here is a picture of the Wonderland house that I took a week or so ago, when I actually first stumbled upon (well, actually drove by) this house, and kept it in mind for a future day. Doesn't it really look like a fairy tale house?? Check out those windows, railings and the raised shape around the edges!! I think this house would make anyone driving by just smile, as they wonder what the inside would be like!

11 comments:

essjaynz said...

I wondered why it wouldn't post my comment - then I saw I hadn't written anything, DOH!

This is a fabulous find, your description is great as is the photo, well done!!

Rhiannonsmommy said...

This sure does look like it belongs in Wonderland. I want to open those doors and see what's inside. Fantastic Buffy!

eury said...

What an incredible entrance. At first look it almost looks unreal, like it is a fantasy toy. It makes me think of the guy that designed the Lord of the Rings sets. Just beautiful! I think if you go inside, you will find the fairies are having tea just about now! :-)

Ddallas (Dd) - Darlene said...

Oh how cool is that! That is a home that I'd love to live in - just by the door I can make the decision! HAHA! Awesome find - new favorite of mine.

Whalelight said...

I want to live there! It's like a modern hobbit hole! Wow, what a find. Maybe you could post a shot of the entire house? :) :)

eury said...

I am posting a second time, because I keep coming back to look at this. Just amazing. I too wish I could see the entire house.. in and out! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your doorways have been very entertaining. I believe this one is my favorite, appropriate to save the best one for last. MadamMtnLion

Andromeda5000 said...

Yes, it does look like something out of Alice in Wonderland! What a fantastic find. Your photo makes me want to see what the whole house looks like. This is a great photo for today.

essjaynz said...

If you ever see links to these houses on the internet you will post them, pretty please. Hopefully they will sell them one day and showcase them on the net, fingers crossed it is this one!

LadyMin said...

What a lovely house!

I enjoyed your gallery - you have so many lovely houses in your neighborhood.

Great that you continues even after missing a day. You made yourself a lovely portfolio here.

kimbomac said...

Wow, this looks gorgeous. All the warm tones, and the soft rounded ergonomic feeling to all the walls and doors. No hars corners or sharp bits. What a great find!