** Please click on the daily photos below for larger, sharper views!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22 - Louver Doors in a Rainstorm



Alas, it rained (and hailed a bit) again today! Undeterred, I waited for a break, and headed out. But the intermittent rains had other plans for me. Just as soon as I started driving to the bank, it started pouring. But, armed with my point and shoot (no use getting the good stuff wet), I drove around a nearby neighborhood checking out doors. This entrance was interesting, as it had its own roofline and looked almost like a separate structure. I also liked the detail of the wooden louver doors. Notice the rain falling steadily as I took the pic from the comfort of the warm and dry inside of my car!

7 comments:

eury said...

This one is so stark in its decor compared to the others. It's quite unexpected and the louvers for the front door is something I've never seen before. Interesting, for sure! I love how we can see the rain pouring down, too. Looks like one of those days where you have to force yourself out to shoot.

Rhiannonsmommy said...

I love how I can see the rain coming down. This is awesome Buffy.

Isabella2006 said...

Ohh what a dedicated photographer, only worth1000 makes us do stuff like going out in in the pouring rain.
This is so unusual I can see why it caught your eye. I wonder if they would warp over time?
Isabella

Whalelight said...

I love this, it's so geometric. Those spiky plants do brighten up the gloom and the rain falling adds something extra :)

secretatlantis said...

You can see it is actually pouring. Either that or a long shuttertime ;) The rain is an interesting contrast to the deserttype plants.

kimbomac said...

I love this one. Very graphic and simple and quite minimalistic. And very symmetrical. I think this works very well. Nice work.

essjaynz said...

Not much light coming in that entranceway, it looks very secretive. Nice work capturing the rain like that and making the effort to go out in it.